- Bento, G., & Dias, G. (2017). The importance of outdoor play for young children's healthy development. Porto Biomedical Journal, 2(5), 157-160.
- Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (2020). Varhaiskasvatuksen laatu arjessa. Varhaiskasvatussuunnitelmien toteutuminen päiväkodeissa ja perhepäivähoidossa. Finnish Education Evaluation Centre.
- Finnish National Agency for Education (2022). National core curriculum for early childhood education and care. Publications of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Finnish National Agency for Education (2014). National core curriculum for pre-primary education. Publications of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Hewes, J. (2007). The Value of Play in Early Learning: Towards a Pedagogy. In the book (eds.) Jambor, T & Van Gils, J. Several Perspectives on Children´s Play. Scientific Reflections for Practitioners. Antwerp – Apeldoorn: Garant, 119-132.
- Hungerford, H. R. & Volk, T. L. (1990). Changing Learner Behaviour Through Environmental Education. The Journal of Environmental Education, 21(3), 8-21.
- Kuo, M. Browning, M. & Penner, M. (2018). Do Lessons in Nature Boost Subsequent Classroom Engagement? Refueling Students in Light. Frontiers in Psychology, Vol 8, Article 2253.
- Palmer, J.A. (1998). Environmental Education in the 21st Century: Theory, Practice, Progress and Promise. London: Routledge.
- Sandseter, E. B. H, Cordovil, R., Løge Hagen, T., & Lopes, F. (2020). Barriers for Outdoor Play in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) Institutions: Perception of Risk in Children’s Play among European Parents and ECEC Practitioners. Child Care in Practice, 26(2), 111-129.
- WHO (2019). Guidelines on physical activity, sedentary behaviour and sleep for children under 5 years of age. (2019). WHO.
- WHO (2020). Guidelines on physical activity and sedentary behavior. WHO.
- Ryan, Browning, Clancy, Andrews, Kallianpurkar (2014). Biophilic Design Patterns: Emerging Nature-Based Parameters for Health and Well-Being in the Built Environment. International Journal of Architectural Research.
- An, Colarelli, O'Brien, Boyajian (2016). Why We Need More Nature at Work: Effects of Natural Elements and Sunlight on Employee Mental Health and Work Attitudes. PLoS ONE.
Last modified: Friday, 18 February 2022, 8:50 PM